Golf Carts and Parts, Inc. was formed to bring electric high performance street legal Low Speed Vehicles (LSVs) and Golf Carts to communities and cities where commutes around town are less than a few miles and can are accesible on roads with posted speed limits of under 35 MPH or with dedicated Golf Cart Lanes.
Golf Carts and Parts manufactures new Golf Carts and LSVs and rebuilds certain E-Z-GO platforms to conform with NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration) Regulation 500 and is compliant with CA CVC §§ 385.5, 21250 and CA CVC §345. All vehicles sold meet all of the safety requirements to allow for registration with the CA DMV under FFVR 37.
A unique feature that Golf Carts and Parts builds into its vehicles is a multi-position performance selector that allows the driver to select from Turf, Street Legal, Private Road, and Child to provide for four difference performance levels and uses. It is the owners responsibility to be diligent and adhere to the laws when operating on public roadways and only operate in Street Legal mode.
- Turf mode is designed to give the user the best battery range to easily complete more than 18 holes of golf and not to injure the course turf.
- Street Legal mode is as it says - a mode conformant to driving on public roads and in compliance with federal and state regulations - limited to 25 Mph for LSVs and 20 Mph for Golf Carts.
- Private Road mode allows for the full power of the vehicle.
- Child mode provides the owner with peace of mind that they can allow their children to operate the vehicle with a significantly reduced speed that protects them and other objects that they might come into contact with.
Our LSVs come equipped with various options but all models meet the following requirements:
- Within one mile can reach a speed of more than 20 miles per hour (mph) but not more than 25 mph on a paved level surface.
- Has a 17-digit conforming vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of less than 3,000 pounds.
- Must be certified to meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) to be registered and operated on public streets, roads, or highways.
- May look like a golf-cart to the casual observer, but is actually a motor vehicle requiring a valid California driver license, registration, and insurance.
Our Golf Carts can be equipped with various additional options but all models meet these requirements:
- Carry no more than two persons, including the driver.
- Carry golf equipment.
- Have no less than three wheels in contact with the ground.
- Operate at a maximum speed of 15 mph.
- Weigh no more than 1,300 pounds unladen (empty).
All LSVs and Golf Carts sold also include the following conforming requirements
- Have headlamp, tail lamp, and stop lamp.
- A rear reflector.
- Front/rear turn signals.
- Front/side reflectors.
- A mirror (located in a position to allow the driver a rear view of at least 200 feet).
- A horn.
- A safety-glazed windshield.
- Windshield wipers.
Why not drive a GREEN compact vehicle for your groceries, shopping, trip to the beach or park, or the local community pool? Whenever there is not the need for a full size gas vehicle - be eco and planet friendly - go electric!